Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

DVD Player install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Default RE: DVD Player install.

Buy a wire harness and splice that into the head unit. Then follow the instrutions for the brain. If you are familiar with simple wiring then it will be no problem.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Get the wiring harness (or re-use the one that's in there if you've already got an aftermarket deck), a dash kit and some basic wiring tools is all you'll need. Usually grounding it out will work, but on some newer models, the saftey brains are a little harder to trick (for example, the new Pioneer single din unti with navi has a sort of gyroscope in it, and it's a little more complicated to bypass). I've got a Dual 7" in dash dvd, and I'm actually working on getting it grounded properly. It's got this wierd thing were you have to pull and release the ebrake 3 times before the monitor will become active. So that's my project for this week, trying to get all that done so there's no more annoying blue screen message telling me to engage the ebrake.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 PM

I installed a valor NVG-670W and the wire for that handbreak ground i just tap it to a regular ground and it worked ... the pioneer is pretty hard to fool specially the Z2