Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Head Unit Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Default Head Unit Problems

Hello,
Im new to this site but im having some major head unit problems and need some help, I own a 2010 Lancer es, I bought an aftermarket head unit from smartauto24 its a nav dvd radio touch screen head unit with a back up camera, the installation was basically plug and play and was built for the car, but I couldnt get the back up camera to work, so i took it to a friend and when we pulled the head unit out it shut off, the antenna came undone and we couldnt figure out how to get it back on, plugged the antenna back in and it came back on for a few seconds and shut off, I hooked the stock stereo back up and it still works, all the fuses are good in both the vehicle and head unit and i checked the voltage with a multimeter and its getting power all the way up to the head unit, but it will not turn on, Im pretty sure i didnt blow it, but the company i bought it from is taking too long to contact me back and Im stuck. Ive tried pressing the reset button, checked every single wire, and got nothing, so Is there a way to check to see if the unit is blown? short of putting it in another car? any information would be greatly apprieciated.
Thank you
Trevor