Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HELP! Rockford Fosgate - 08 Lancer GTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Exclamation HELP! Rockford Fosgate - 08 Lancer GTS

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system installed, brand new!

Now, up until a year ago I began having issues.

The battery will completely drain overnight. We have already narrowed it down to the AMP because since i completely disconnected the amp the car does not die anymore.

I have taken it to the local Mitsubishi dealer (Glendale Mitsu... horrible btw) and they told me they found a ground wire which was draining the battery. (supposedly) THEN they gave me back the car and it died again so I took it back and then they said it was the alternator which is bull because its working fine right now.

I have also bought a brand new battery (per mitsubishi's suggestion) and still nothing.

Does anyone know if I need a brand new amp or if it could be the wiring?

I don't want to take it back to Mitsubishi because they tore up my car the first time and I honestly don't think they know what they're doing.

Anyone know of any places near Los angeles that knows this kind of wiring stuff?

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 AM

I'm guessing your audio system and amp are connected via a canbus system, and would suggest if you amp and stereo is running normally when in use, that there is an error somewhere in the canbus system not triggering the amp to turn off. Putting a MUTT diagnostic tool on the car should give more information on errors, and I would have thought a Mitsubishi dealer would do this, they are the only ones that have MUTT tools.