Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HOW DO YOU INSTALL SUBS AND AMP???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Default HOW DO YOU INSTALL SUBS AND AMP???

i dont really feel like paying a bunch of money for it...so can it be done or do i have to have it done by professionals...can someone help me out

Old 12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Default RE: HOW DO YOU INSTALL SUBS AND AMP???

This is easy. You have to buy a wiring kit that will reach from the battery, through the firewall, to the amp. In this kit should come a power wire, ground wire, and remote wire. The ground wire just needs to be long enough to reach to a strut tower or somewhere you can connect it. There should be a bunch of connectors too. YOU NEED TO WIRE IN A FUSE after your battery inline of the power cable. If you somehow have some stray voltages or the power gets directly shorted, you will fry your amp. I would suggest finding a friend somewhere that can do this stuff. I work on the electronics on aircraft (specifically the Osprey (V-22)), so this stuff is digustingly easy to me. Your best bet is to find a friend that can help you. Also, depending on the amount of power your amplifier is putting out, you might want to get a capacitor. Capacitors are very important when you have a high output amplifier. FIND A FRIEND THAT KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. Something as small as putting the positive cable on first really matters and can prevent damage to your amp. Another thing is that these electronics are EXTREMELY sensitive. there is something called ESD. This is electrostatic discharge. Simply touching a circuit card with your bare hand can induce voltages that can damage the components which in turn will make them not work right again...I am not trying to scare you about this stuff, but you really have to know what you are doing in order to keep your electronics in good working condition.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:37 AM

Aight thanks bro...ill find somebody who knows what they are doin and have them do it for me...THANKS!

Old 12-25-2004, 12:14 AM

Also it's never a bad idea to run the sound and power cables seperatly. The main gromet that you can run the power wire through is right behind the battery and not bad to get to if you pull that out. I did my whole install in an hour or two and that's with trying to figure out how to remove everything I needed to since I'd never done work on an eclipse before.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 PM

Even though I told you to have a friend help you...Make sure you watch him or her and ask A LOT of questions. If you have any questions now, just ask and there are a bunch of people here ready to help (including myself)

Old 12-26-2004, 10:39 PM

Ok well my friend is willing to do it for free but he said it will take along time because he has to take out some of the interior to run the wire? Is that right??

Old 12-29-2004, 02:54 PM

ya the center consol is what he is talking about the whole thing comes out and gives you a perfect spot to run the wires. make sure the fuse in the fusable link has the amps to let the amp pull the power it needs dont make it struggle.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:01 AM

well, just a couple of weeks ago, a friend sold his 3000gt. The car was sold for $6k, but the girl took out a 10k loan. She had him use the remaining 4 grand to hook up the car. when installing the stereo that we bought for the car, there was some trim that I had to take off. For a 3000gt, if you know what you are doing, it should take 2 hours tops to run everything...but that's for a 3kgt though. I have never done an eclipse

Old 01-02-2005, 11:38 PM

Eclipse is the same way, I ran all of my stuff in under 2 hours and mine is the first eclipse I have ever even sat in.

Old 01-17-2005, 02:01 AM

aaaaaaaahhhhhh man I don't get help,everybodys else has allready got it covered.

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU INSTALL SUBS AND AMP???