Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

How to remove door panel on Eclipse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Default How to remove door panel on Eclipse?

Hey guys,

I am helping my friend install new door speakers on her 01 Eclipse. I removed two screws on the panel itself and one under the door handle.. I don't want to break it, so I figured it would be best to ask what I do next just in case.. Thanks guys

Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 PM
pc
Default RE: How to remove door panel on Eclipse?

I can't speak specifically on this vehicle, but I've removed many door panels. Just try to get all the screws out first. Some you will be able to see the heads but others may have a plastic cap as part of the door trim covering them. A small screwdriver should allow you to pry the cap off. Screws are used to hold the door latch, door pull and arm rest. If the car has power windows you will need to remove the switch and unplug the connectors. With manual wind-up there will be a screw there as well. The rest of the panel is held on with plastic pins or clips that are on the outside edge from the window line down. I recommend a panel removal tool which allows you to safely pull the pin or clip off without damaging the panel. The tool has a wide pry with a slot. Just work it up around the clips and pry gently off. You can also use a stiff paint scraper as they wide but thin enough to get between the panel and the door but don't work as well as the tool made for the job. To re-install just carefully position the panel and clips and push the clips back in. Sometimes the pin and retainer in the door come out as one piece (not supposed to) don't worry, just push the whole thing back in, it should hold. Try to keep the plastic liner intact to keep moisture away from the inside panel surface, usually cardboard.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Default RE: How to remove door panel on Eclipse?

I dont know how long you have this question posted but just like PC said its all right in front of you all you do is remove the screws, there will be 2 or 3 on the left side of the panel and 2 on the right side and then there is one holding the inside door handle on behind the actual handle and if it is power windows like mine is then you disconnect the harness from the window and lock control box. Ohhh and when the screws are out just pull the panel and there are little red plugs or clips whatever you want to call them that are attached to the panel that hold it on,and be sure that you dont let the pannel slip out of your hand and hit the ground because it will break your controll box right out of the pannel like i did(took me 3 hours to jerry rig it back together so worked properly).I toor my whole door apart so i can figuir out why my door glasss gets stuck every 4 inches......Big Mess.........Josh