Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I have no idea...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Default I have no idea...

What sup gang? I have a new problem, I drove to Chicago to pick up my wife this weekend and got pulled over by the cops. Anyway, they searched my car. I picked it up from the pound the next day all seemed fine. Loaded up the car with stuff and drove back to Clarksville. I usually don't play my sounds load when my wife is in the car so I noticed yesterday that my Sub was not working. I check my AMP (pioneer 750 max ) usually the light is green now its red. all the wires seem to still be hooked up and i checked the fuses even tried to change one but it sparks when I try to but a new in. Still no juice to sub whats wrong with my car? BTW I have a Pioneer HU and I still have the Fac Infinty speakers which are still working. One more thing my Fac amp blew along time ago so my HU by passes the amp to my speakers and my amp was added later.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Default RE: I have no idea...

Its grounding out somewhere... sounds like. Is it blowing the fuses? Have you checkedALL the lines?

Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM

My ground wire is still connected to the metal of the trunk under the mat. I checked all lines the one to the batt is still connected. but, I am getting nothing I should take a pic to show you. (I am not good with radios) the thick blue power cord is still connected as well as the skinny sytem wire

Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 AM

The skinny system wire is probably your remote wire, which is (usually) blue... If that has a cut in it anywhere where it could touch metal and ground itself, itll send your amp into protect (which is whats causing the red LED.) Same goes for any wire attached to it, with the exception of course of the ground. Try disconnecting the amp completely waiting until any and all lights on the amp are off and then reconnecting. (Sort of like a hard reset for the amp.)

Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 AM

Cool I will try at lunch. I have one more question that skinny blue wire was hanging from my dash I guess the cops did it it was not hanging before.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 PM

The skinny blue wire hanging from your dash is likely to be the remote, and more than likely to be your problem, there will bea wire marked "rem." or "remote" or something to that effect coming off of your head units wire harness, connect the two, make sure that there are no rips in the wire skin and tape up the connection, reset the amp and you should be good to go again!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 AM

If the REM isn't it, then it sounds to me like he blew a woofer. If you have a blown woffer your amp will surely let you know by not pushing any power through as one of it's nifty kill switches. I found this out on a pair of Sony X-plods I used to have.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:13 AM

I went to tuner R us yesterday after work they siad my amp was blown but I really dont trust them like that he was trying to sell me a amp and a new box. Is there a way for sure to know if its my amp or speaker? I only have a 10" MA sub woofer/pioneer h/u and a pioneer 750max amp. with factory infinty speakers. My wife thinks I spend way too much money screwing with the Bat Mobile (you know how that is lol). Anyway, I need a sure fire way to trouble shoot this issue. if it is the amp I think I am going to the pawn shop and just get any old amp lol

Old 04-03-2007, 10:21 AM

lol, you can mutilate a wall wart thats 12v DC and attach the positive to the remote and pwr, then attach the negative to ground, if it throws it back into protect then, Id say it was the amp. You could also just try bridging the pwr wire to remote via a small jumper wire.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Best thing is to use someone else's amp and test yours.. Test just the amp and if that doesnt fix it then its prolly a wire somewhere.. I cant imagine your sub would be toast just by getting your car impounded.. My amp went into safe mode and it came back out of it on its own when the problem was fixed.. Best thing tho is to use a buddies amp to test it out.. Thats what I do

Quick Reply: I have no idea...