Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Just plugged this into my daily driver '99 Galant GTZ

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Default Just plugged this into my daily driver '99 Galant GTZ

-> DriveRight CarChip E/X

-OBD II Scan Tool-

A "must-have" for parents with teen drivers! Also great for fleet managers, do-it-yourselfers, professional mechanics, cost-conscious and time-pressured consumers and environmentally aware drivers.

On-board diagnostics (OBD) data was once available only to professional mechanics. With CarChip, this same data is now in your hands. CarChip plugs instantly into the OBDII connector in your car, where it continuously collects and stores data from the car's computer control system.

The CarChipE/X Model #8220 includes all the features of Basic CarChip, plus four times the data storage—up to 300 hours of driving data. (The actual number of hours will vary, depending on how frequently you log data.)
As with the Basic Car Chip, you'll get complete trip details including:

Time and date for each trip
Distance traveled
Speed (recorded every 5 seconds)
Hard brakings and quick accelerations

You can view all of this graphically on your computer screen, giving you a moment-by-moment picture of how you -- or perhaps your employees or the teenagers in your household -- are driving.
If the vehicle's check engine light (also known as a malfunction indicator light or MIL) comes on, you'll be able to:

Read the dignostic trouble code (or DTC).
Get the "freeze-frame" sensor readings telling you the status of various engine parameters at the time.
Reset the light.

With CarChipE/X, you'll also be able to monitor any four out of 23 user-selectable engine parameters, including:
RPM
Throttle position
Engine load
Fuel pressure
Fuel system status
Short- and long-term-fuel trim
Battery voltage
Timing advance
Coolant temperature
Air flow rate
Intake air temperature
Intake manifold pressure
Oxygen sensor voltage

-Plus, if you're unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, CarChipE/X will automatically generate an accident log showing the last critical 20 seconds of speed. -

-I wish I could've been able to have this in my '77 Corvette, when I got plastered head-on!!