Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

LED ACCENTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Default LED ACCENTS

So i was up wired last night, couldnt sleep, So i decided to wire up my new amp (Mentioned in another thread) and some accent leds. In the hatch i wired 1 led for each side over the strut cover trim, and in the backseat i wired 2leds for both sides (In rear trim near floorboard). Will put some pic's up tonight.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Default RE: LED ACCENTS

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
woo hoo, I got to use that ^ before anyone else!
Now where's my cookie!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Rob
Banned

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
woo hoo, I got to use that ^ before anyone else!
Now where's my cookie!
Hey John...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Sorry guys.... I know this thread is usless without pic's. Worked late last night and came in and crashed. Here are the pic's
all these lights are spiced into my remote wire going to the amp. Question? Could i run an on/off switch from my remote wire in front of all this to turn the amp and lights on?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:26 PM

it depends, did you run a seperate wire to all the leds and used the remote wire as a hot wire? or did you splice each led right into the remote wire.

if you spliced each led seperate, you could put a switch on your remote wire, but it will turn off your remote (if you have one) when the leds are off and so fourth.

if you ran a wire to all the leds you could turn it on and off with out affecting the remote....if i thought this through right.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:07 AM

All the Leds are ran to the remote on the amp for hot. The ground, to the ground on the amp aswell

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

well if you ran a switch you would have to hook up the remote line to the switch and then ground it. then you will have an on and off. but doing it this way will also switch affect the remote if you have a remote...

if you want to spend a few hours, just run a hot wire from the battery or from an existing one.....and then run the switch off the new "hot wire".

i guess my major question is did you splice a wire comming of your hot or did you just splice into the hot. i am still not sure.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:11 PM

I Didnt splice my hot none. The leds are ran from the reomte wire going into my amp. My hot wire is going straight into the amp

Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 AM

if you could give me a picture or something...its really hard to picture things like this with words.

are they on constantly?

Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 AM

No, they come on when the amp is on

Quick Reply: LED ACCENTS