Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

mmcs video output

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Default mmcs video output

Hi all, I just got my new 2.0TD 09 Lancer fitted with MMCS satnav system.
Without ripping it out, and checking, I was hoping somebody on here would know already.

My question is: Is there a Video output on the back of the MMCS for connecting additional screens, say in the rear headrests?

Also in the UK we dont get the Sub woofer fitted in any Lancer model, I was hoping that the wiring loom is the same as other versions, and that the plug for the Sub might be floating about the Boot/Trunk area somewhere?

Thanks for your responses!

Old 08-02-2009, 02:37 AM

I have already installed my headrest screens. Be careful to make sure the mounting cup is not too deep as the headrest mounting bars are only 3cm deep and the whole screen ay stick out of the headrest. I'm currently making up a photo diary with everything I know.

However I'm having the same questions as yourself. I pulled out the MMCS and checked in all the places I would have the AV output (Yes there is one. Factory they install a roofmount screen) So I searched behind the unit, around the room lamp, at the base of the B pillar I found a spare loom but couldn't make it do anything.

I'm currently scouring the internet looking for plug location. If you have some spare cash buy a gregory's manual from eBay for about $20. It will have a total wiring diagram because with the 6 billion gagillion airbags you don't want to set one off.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 AM

Still looking for video out. Asking everyone. Including Mitsubishi. I reefed out my unit again and found it is actually made by Kenwood. Model is a MXDZ07MMOP. It has 2 spare ports. One looks like it might be a CD changer in and the other looks a little like a S-Video port. I'm looking for an adaptor as we speak but the only manual I can find for this model number is in Cantonese.
No help there.....

Old 08-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by anthonytutton
My question is: Is there a Video output on the back of the MMCS for connecting additional screens, say in the rear headrests?
Thanks for your responses!
Yeah, it's the C-8 conector which has two wires coming out:
1. Wire blue is VIDEO OUT
2. Wire black/blue is shield to VIDEO OUT.
Name:  MMCSpartetrasera.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  39.4 KB

I hope that help you

Old 03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Default lost please help ??!!

[Name:  MMCSpartetrasera.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  39.4 KB
I would like to know where i can buy or order a C-8 plug beacuse my mmcs does not have the actual plug plugged in ..... ???