Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Need Help with Audio

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Default Need Help with Audio

Hey Fellas,

I have a 2002 Montero (Non-Sport) as well. I installed the after market radio couple days ago. I used a MITAH adapter harness and amp integration DIN cable as well. So basically it was pretty easy to connect wires, connect RCA and everything is working well with the exception of couple problems.

1. All my guage lighting (speedometer, odometer), and the center console lighting (AC, 4x4, shifter) went off. I checked the fuse block located under the dash and in the engine comaprtment, found a fuse which is located in engine compartment and seems like directly related to the guage. However, everytime I put a new fuse and turn on the lights, fuse blows right away. Not sure what should I check

2. Power antenna does'nt seem to work in correct fashion. Even though there are two different power (one for amp and one for antenna), antenna just comes out as soon as the CD player turns on where as it should only come out if the radio is on.

Any help or suggesstions?