Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Need help with Infinity speaker color codes for Eclipse 03

Old 12-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Default Need help with Infinity speaker color codes for Eclipse 03

I bought new radio to replace antique cassette system in my daughter's car, problem is that she's in another town in University and having problem wiring it to infinity system. She got radio connected to power and it turns on OK, but she was inpatient to order din adapter online and striped cable hoping to just tap it to RCA cable to plug it in new radio.
I found this info online:

12 volt remote orange
signal ground black
left front + blue
right front + yellow
left rear + green
right rear + white

Looks like colors match, also she says orange is more thick than rest, so I guess it got to be remote cable. She wired that orange to blue remote on new radio, black to RCA ground on splitters, and rest to four RCA+ ends on two RCA splitters. But she gets no sound. She uses stripped RCA splitters because new radio has only two RCA inputs. I told her try to wire just one speaker wire to see if it works because I not sure if she wired so many wires correctly, but she's confident she did it right.
I thought she dont need splitters at all, she can just connect front and back speaker wires together, this what splitter does after all - please, correct me if Im wrong.
Im attaching pictures of DIN connector she removed and stripped wires that was connected to it.
Anybody have idea hot to wire them to RCA connectors properly, what colors go where and which one is "remote" wire?
Also, after looking on wires again, I see there is one "naked" wire - maybe this one should be wired to RCA ground instead of black one? Where black one goes then?
This is what adapter looks like (one she failed to wait for) - 4 RCA ends and one blue wire, she tries to connect it the same way as it would be with adapter

Thank you for any help!

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Infinity speaker color codes for Eclipse 03-20151220_191002.jpg   Need help with Infinity speaker color codes for Eclipse 03-20151220_191028.jpg   Need help with Infinity speaker color codes for Eclipse 03-20151216_163909.jpg  

Last edited by sansonet; 12-22-2015 at 06:40 AM. Reason: more info