Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Question regarding JVC KD-G720

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Default Question regarding JVC KD-G720

I bought a brand new JVC KD-G720 from best buy sometime last year and i had it installed on my old civic, and only use it for few months. For more than an year, it has been sitting down in my room. I just want to know if this deck would be enough for me, since i'm planing on upgrading my sound system. Well, my plan is to get a nice amp with nice two 10" sub. If am not mistaken, i think this deck has 6 channel. any help would be much appreciated. thank you.

p.s: I have an 04 Lancer OZ Rally.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Default RE: Question regarding JVC KD-G720

Never been a fan of JVC's, and I've installed plenty of them. Your deck does not have 6 channels, it's got the standard 4 (Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right), it does however have 6 PRE-AMP outputs, like the majority of cd players out there. Basically they're 2.5volt RCA jacks on the rear of the deck, 4 for the previously mentioned channels and a sub out left and right. It will do the job, but there's other units that will blow JVC away.

And how are we to say what will be enough for you? Nobody here knows anything about you, so I'll ask a few questions and maybe make a few recomendations.

-What sort of music do you listen to?
-How important is trunk space to you?
-What sort of budget are you looking at?
-Are you looking for just a little bass, or do you want to improve the sound of the entire audio system?
-Do you need iPod connectivity, satellite radio, HD or any other accessory?

Let us know a little bit about this stuff so we can get a better idea of what to recomend.