Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Rear door panel removal??

Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Default Rear door panel removal??

I posted this in the Montero Sport section, but then saw the Audio forum so thought I would post it here too.

I'm replacing all the speakers in my 01 Montero Sport the front door panels came off so easily, but I can't get the back ones off? It seems like the finger cup for pulling the door shut is what's keeping it from coming off. I took the screw out of the bottom of it, so it shouldn't be attached. Is there a particular way this has to be positioned to come off. Does it not pull straight off like the front?

Thanks,

Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Just in case anyone else is searching for how to do this. You have to take out the two screws on the end of the door panel, the one screw from the handle/lock area to remove that little panel, and the one screw from the bottom of the finger cup. The finger cup then pops out the top, it can be a real PITA but it will come out. Then the door panel just pops right off.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by jvsutton
Just in case anyone else is searching for how to do this. You have to take out the two screws on the end of the door panel, the one screw from the handle/lock area to remove that little panel, and the one screw from the bottom of the finger cup. The finger cup then pops out the top, it can be a real PITA but it will come out. Then the door panel just pops right off.
BTW,I need to inspect the wiring in the drivers door. I see 4 screws at each corner of the panel. I suspect there is 1 or 2 around the cup. How is it different from the rear you described?