Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

stero system for 97 RS Eclipse question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Default stero system for 97 RS Eclipse question

I just got a 97 RS Eclipse today, I'm switching from a 95 Plymouth Neon. I am curious on knowing if there is a How-To guide on taking the trim around the headunit off (tried pulling out the headunit as is, like i can do in my neon, but didnt work.) and taking the panels off to get to the speakers, last thing i want to do is mess this car up as bad as my Neon. Also I am wondering about the speaker size, on crutchfield they showed that they are all 6' or 6.5" size, but I am just asking to make sure. I have 6x9 poineer speakers in the back, i think 6" sony speakers in the front, and a more recent poineer headunit in my neon I would like to switch over to my Eclipse. A guide to both taking the headunit out and taking off the panels to get the speakers would be very appericated, or even a walk-through would be as helpful. I am just trying to stay on the safe side because out of my 3 cars I've owned, I actually would like to take care of this car. Thank you for those who looked at my forum and help me out.

-Phil-

Old 07-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Default RE: stero system for 97 RS Eclipse question

To get the cd player out, you have to remove both of the side panels up front. Also you have to pull the middle consel back, there is two screws on the side and then another two under the cup and astray, you have to pull up the ashtray and cupholder to get to those screws. There may or not be screw holding a the stock Cd player on the sides, and on the back just double check before you start yanking. As for the speakers I believe they are both 6.5 halfs but you can double check that in your manual.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Default RE: stero system for 97 RS Eclipse question

thanks man. that would of helped me out ALOT lol there is an aftermarket Poineer headunit in it, so now i need to get an adaptor so i dont have to worry about cutting wires and what not. But i took off the console faceplate and pulled up alittle on the cover around the console, took me about 45 mins to do everything, even unscrewing the bracket holding in the frame for the headunit. i had a problem with the bad angling i had to unscrew the screws, but i got them lol and ok man, kool, thanks for the speaker size, ill check into them more just to double check. thanks alot man, it does help, whether i did it the wrong or right way.