Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

sub pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 01:20 AM
Default RE: sub pics

Something that I would suggest....go to howstuffworks.com. For this instance, we are talking about car stereos--example: amplifiers, capacitors, subwoofers, sub-sonic filters. Things of that nature...but you can also use this site to help your understanding of ANYTHING else. It gives a good description of how your engine works too

Old 12-31-2004, 01:26 AM

i was looking at the 10' Punch P1 from rockford fosgate for $60 at best buy is that a o.k. price for them ?

Old 12-31-2004, 01:57 AM

Im also trying to put together a good system for my lancer, not too familiar with this stuff but have been doing some homework. What do you guys think of the JLw7 10" subwoofers? Im thinking i could get away with just one in a custom jl box and still get a bigger "boom" than any 2 you will find from walmart or circiut city. And Im planning on getting a JL 500/1 amp to power it. What do u think?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 AM

first of all i have 1 and it hits harder than any alpine i have found. oh and about the it is a dual voice coil oh but you took class in electrionics right you sould know that becuse your aplines are only a single voice coil. and it is hooked up to only 1000W with a i have a total of 4"suspension about 12' of total movement or as in electronic terms at about 150 Hrz " howmany times the speaker moves in a full cycle center bottom then top". and in the amps are where your diodes, capacitors, inductors are the speaker has voice coils that become polerized when the electric current passes through it. and they are not v-22 they are
V-48 with an alluminum cone. so stop blabering about amps when speakers work a little differant off of electromagnetics. not diodes, capacitors, inductors. and i did not get them off ebay bought from factory with a year free replacement i can kick the speaker in and they will replace it. oh and your amp is pushing about 250W becusee they test them at 18v not 12v. oh and after about 10,000 hours of use i will replace them becuse speakers go down hill from there. oh and as for the W7 that you like so much a pyrimid solo baric would beat it. and those speakers you bought most of that price was from parts markup nothing else. books are nice but nomatter what a book says unless you blow acoupples of speakers amps then
oh and its millaseconds micro means small. i went to school with electronic enginner that showed me how to build a small amp that i use for my home sterio.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:24 AM

oh and my amp is 1000W on a 12V system.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:47 AM

books are nice but nomatter what a book says unless you blow acoupples of speakers amps then
sorry didnt finish
books are nice but nomatter what a book says unless you blow a coupples of speakers amps this has taught me alot of stuff for example have you ever thrown a sub out of its basket i have voice coild and all. not a fun thing to do but it was experimentation ya there are bad products out there but i have had nothing but good from mine and ebay not a good idea for audio equipment who says it hasent been used all i have to have to do is put it in the box it came with and bam it is now brand new.

not trying to pick a fight but speakers work differant than amps. most of the stuff you talk about is about amps.
how much flex dose you speaker have dont say this dont matter because all a sub dose is move air. i use a bass reflux box as well becuse i put it in a sealed box and blew the top off the box.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:22 PM

well, that "flex" has a name. It is called excursion. Also, if you used 3/4" mdf instead of 1/2", maybe you wouldn't have to worry about blowing the top of the box off. Also, if you drill and put dowells in with some wood glue and screw it down, you don't really have to worry about anything.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 PM

Oh, and I can throw a speaker out of it's basket, just simply take a speaker rated at a low rms and put a high power amp on it...there's your experiment.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:08 PM

like i said experimentation and the speaker pushed too much air i was told by a car audio pro to put it in a bass reflex box and it sounded 3 times as good. and i would put it agenst your subs i can keep up with my cousons sterio which has 4 12" subs in sealed box with 2 1000" watt amps its all about air movment and most mid classes subs $150-$300 dont have the "excursion" that speakers like mine do that is why i bought it if i was serious i would go with a 15" solo baric or a new MTX 7000 comp sub. pushing alot of power but it is loud as i would like it and it is crisp clean bass. "screwing with amp makes a big differance as well took me 2 hours to get mine just right"

Old 12-31-2004, 03:13 PM

OK...I just read your post on the first page...GET A ****ING DICTIONARY. You can't spell to save your life. Another thing, the Alpine type-E is the only one with a single voice coil...type s,r and the new X all have dual voice coils; but what makes them special is the spider set-up. The spider is what connects the coil to the basket. I am tired of arguing with your stupid crap. Here is a statement that hopefully will clear some crap up:

I bought all my audio off ebay a year and a half ago. I STILL have had no problems with it yet and what I own does the job fine for what I need. I don't need a stupid year factory warranty, becuase I am not stupid and push my equipment to the limits. Besides, if I did get a warranty, I wouldn't have used it yet.

Quick Reply: sub pics