Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

sub pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 03:23 PM
Default RE: sub pics

I AM NOT COMPETING. MY STEREO IS JUST FOR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT. Also, I do not have $3-4,000 to throw on a stereo, I would rather buy performance parts.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 99eclipseguy

m3kgt_99 I have two 10 inch alpine type e subwoofers. They are 600 peak and 200rms. I am having trouble finding a amp that will just slightly underpower them so I dont blow them. What amp would you recomend? I also want them to hit at the same time. I dont know if this matters that much but I listen to hard rock/metal
Get a amp that will only push 200rms. You don't look at peak. RMS is what you want to match. So you should be able to find a amp to match that.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 PM

Rockford Fosgate is good at powering up a sub not so good at sending it a clean signal. When I was using two RF 801s amps to my subs and I switched to two NINe.1 amps there was a noticiable imporvment in bass response. Another thing too is that RF amps are known to get hot. If you can find one of the older RF amps that would be good.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: NickDH

i was just looking but... i also am looking at stuff and not knowing what it means....i mean i realy know nothing other than the basics (sub = boom boom) thats about it so all im doing now is looking so if ppl would like to email me or post or even send me a link on how it all works and what makes a sub better , i would love it .... money is a issue but not so much were im buying crap. i just bought a eclispe and want it to sound great... just dont know what im doing ! hehe
help if you can
thanks guys
Email: drbeat_nick@hotmail.com
Everyone is going to have there own opinion on what sounds better to them or not. First I would start with what kind of system your trying to build and what kind of budget your looking at. Then do some research on what people are saying but don't judge it fully on that. Everyone has different taste on what they thing there system should sound like. If you want a link to begin on how stereo systems work I would suggest this link first...

http://www.bcae1.com/

Old 12-31-2004, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: NickDH

i was looking at the 10' Punch P1 from rockford fosgate for $60 at best buy is that a o.k. price for them ?
If that is what your budget calls for and your happy with how it sounds then that is fine. Unless your trying to go all big time then just stick with those.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:53 PM

calm down and try telling me why you are trying to prove a point that you know nothing about have you owned them no have you heard a V-48 not likely im not caping on alpine but i dont appreciate it when you are stating facts about **** you dont know.
like me saying apline is total $hit and the are the worst subs ever.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: miche77e

Im also trying to put together a good system for my lancer, not too familiar with this stuff but have been doing some homework. What do you guys think of the JLw7 10" subwoofers? Im thinking i could get away with just one in a custom jl box and still get a bigger "boom" than any 2 you will find from walmart or circiut city. And Im planning on getting a JL 500/1 amp to power it. What do u think?
JL is good just over priced. If you doing a custom box I would suggest a vented enclosure. Now keep in mind that 10"s don't go as "low" as 12's or 15's do.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:59 PM

And last but not least is that everyone will have an opinion on to what is good or not. Expecially when it comes to car audio. I would suggest to everyone to hear for themselves different set ups and go with what your ear tells you and what your pocket book says.

Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM

ok...Prophet, there is a 250/1 jl audio amp that I would suggest for 99eclipseguy for his type-e subs that he has now. What do you think?

Old 12-31-2004, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: m3kgt_99

ok...Prophet, there is a 250/1 jl audio amp that I would suggest for 99eclipseguy for his type-e subs that he has now. What do you think?
Well lets see....

m3kgt_99 I have two 10 inch alpine type e subwoofers. They are 600 peak and 200rms. I am having trouble finding a amp that will just slightly underpower them so I dont blow them. What amp would you recomend? I also want them to hit at the same time. I dont know if this matters that much but I listen to hard rock/metal
He wants to underpower the speakers because he is worried about blowing them. I wouldn't go with the JL then. JL is known to underate there amps. I would choose another amp.

Quick Reply: sub pics