Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

cf front end

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Default RE: cf front end

doors look terrible on a car IMO... if you are going to do CF on a car it needs to be done symetrically... also if you start just splotching it all over, it won't look good. here's my perfect CF accented car. STOCK 2gb. cf hood, hatch, front lip, and either a cf muffler cap (part that is cut out of the bumper for the muffler to come out) or something along the lines of the JDM rear bumper for the EVO's. that is a SIQ looking ride.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 AM

ok, lets think about this for a minute... whats the WHOOOOOOLE point of carbon fiber? to save weight, right? if you start addin stuff here and there just to "accent" the other carbon on the car, then isnt that just defeating the purpose by adding unnecessary parts? that wasnt completely directed towards you ron, but you're muffler cap just made me think of that. Haha there was a guy that brought his prelude into our body shop to get a kit molded on and what not, he had "carbon fiber" eyelids on his headlights, one of the most POINTLESS mods to a car... this is how the convo went:

Me and a couple of other guys: "So what are these carbon fiber pieces on your headlights for?"
Him: "Well, those are (trying to sound all cool and not gay at the same time) to be aesthetically pleasing..."
Me: (Turn my head) and *cough*ricer*cough*
Him: (Got fairly upset, pointed to meand said) "Watch it, bud)

Hahaha, i thought it was hilarious

Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 AM

the point of carbon fiber is not only for weight savings... it's for aestetics!!! if it was just for weight savings i.e. more speed/power than why the hell would so many people put them on n/a eclipses????? no point. eyelids are meant to make the front of the car more agressive, and they work as long as you do them right. my friend w/ his Mazda6 did it and they looked awesome but i think the best example would be on a n SRT-4, their S Style eyelids look wickid!

Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 AM

Real CF is for performance, even N/A Eclipses. The accents do nothing but add that ounce of weight and eyesore IMO.
Think of Honduh and how a car as light as those need less HP to get it to move. Why does a 2G Eclipse need 140chp to move it, where a Civic only needs 10chp, lol. I kid about that number obviously, but you get the drift.
Also, CF didn't become aesthetic until the ricers started putting them on for looks. Come on, would you leave raw fiberglass on your car or even clear coated FG? Ok, so maybe some do, but seriously. CF is now bling. It states, look at the money I wasted on my **add part here**. Yeah, I could have bought FG, but it doesn't have the crosshatch under the clearcoat! It's teh hawtness!!11
I can't help but laugh at cars with excessive CF, especially the accents. It looks as good as tweed in the interior. It also reminds me of the "wood grain" days [:'(] Even Chevettes had that.
It's a trend, hopefully it will go away soon so that CF can be used for it's real purpose...weight reduction with a bit more tensile strength than FG.

Not disagreeing with you Ron as that's your opinion on CF. This one is just mine

Old 08-30-2007, 07:43 AM

YOU ARE WRONG OLD MAN!!! WRONG I TELL YOU lol j/k. to each their own.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:25 AM

exactly, that's the main thing this forum needs to remember... i hope everyone can look at this thread as an example of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! haha... anyway i missed you're comment on the doors lookin nasty if they're carbon fiber... let me clarify, i meant to paint the carbon fiber doors... if anything, say i had a cf hood, hatch, and doors, the only thing i would consider leaving that raw look was the hood, but i'd most likely paint that... see, i loooove that sleeper look, and if you can save weight and not let anyone know about it, i'm all for it...

*sidenote* to all the mods: sorry, i was fried last night and couldn't sleep, i was slaphappy and couldnt think straight, hence all the postwhoring and deleted posts this morning, my bad

Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

no big deal, i'm used to it by now. if you are going for sleeper that's all good, but i'm a show and go person. you can add CF doors if you want but do you really think that 1400 bucks is worth it? also if you do get the cf doors you will be adding weight to install a roll cage to protect you from any side collision.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:57 PM

good point on the roll cage, and the price also... i'm not saying that i would do it, i was just stating that it's available

Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

YOU ARE WRONG OLD MAN!!! WRONG I TELL YOU lol j/k. to each their own.
LMAO, you little booger, lol.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 AM

LMAO, you little booger, lol.
booger? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA starting to show your age there a little aren't ya Jon??? lol

Quick Reply: cf front end