Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

Here is my Laser painted myself

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Default Here is my Laser painted myself

well, here it is, i obviously didnt take the subtle approach with mine, it was my 15th birthday present, it was 600 dollars with 170k miles on it, but it was maroon and rusting then, so repaired and painted it in my fathers shop, Kruidenier Kreations in Sunrise Beach MO.... right by Osage beach & the lake of the ozarks, anyway, yeah i masked, sanded, painted and airbrushed it myself, i did alot of working for my father to pay for the paint, but it beats 2 grand anyday!

Name:  13-09-07_1623.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  35.8 KB

tell me what you think, im repainting this summer and debating on keeping the same design or making a new one...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Here is my Laser painted myself

i would have just stuck with all one color rather than those accents...or that wing but thats just me. The pic is kinda blurry as well so i cant tell how well the paint job came out

Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Not really my style... but eh.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:08 PM

the paint is pretty proffesional, my father helped some, and supervised me and gave advice etc, and hes certified for this and has been doing it since bofore i was born, so its in no way "cheap" it was painted with proffesional tools and idk, the right way to paint a car, but its getting redone this summer, paint is chipping some places.... it was a learning experience, and im learning that skimping on the scuffing turns into paint chipping off later xD

as for my new paint job, i might take the two smaller tribalish peices away, and just leave the long red one, idk, i love it, but sometimes i wish it looked more "clean" more like a show car.... i have damaged the right front twice since this pic, first time i was driving behind my step sister on a highway going 60, down a hill, she slams on her brakes cuz sombody pulls out in front of her, her car has abs, mine doesnt, yeah..... take a guess. second..... i hit a tree this winter... haha stupid ice, damn housing community with no curbs and planting trees a foot from the road....i am getting a front clip from a junkyard, and im going to do a little frame section transplanting, so everything is streight again, right now the fenders and headlights are kinda tweaked to fit the messed up frame....

Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: laserdriver90

the paint is pretty proffesional, my father helped some, and supervised me and gave advice etc, and hes certified for this and has been doing it since bofore i was born, so its in no way "cheap" it was painted with proffesional tools and idk, the right way to paint a car, but its getting redone this summer, paint is chipping some places.... it was a learning experience, and im learning that skimping on the scuffing turns into paint chipping off later xD

as for my new paint job, i might take the two smaller tribalish peices away, and just leave the long red one, idk, i love it, but sometimes i wish it looked more "clean" more like a show car.... i have damaged the right front twice since this pic, first time i was driving behind my step sister on a highway going 60, down a hill, she slams on her brakes cuz sombody pulls out in front of her, her car has abs, mine doesnt, yeah..... take a guess. second..... i hit a tree this winter... haha stupid ice, damn housing community with no curbs and planting trees a foot from the road....i am getting a front clip from a junkyard, and im going to do a little frame section transplanting, so everything is streight again, right now the fenders and headlights are kinda tweaked to fit the messed up frame....
That sucks, and get rid of that spoiler.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Rob
Banned

Atleast now it's ugly without rust.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 AM

Aside from the things noted above already and from this distance, I guess you can say, the paint job looks good. I see reflections off the entire car that looks sharp. So, good job!
I would be interested in a clear pic and one a bit closer. I don't mean right on the car, but an average car pic with some detail.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Rob

Atleast now it's ugly without rust.
Be nice.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

Well.... I mean, I don't wanna rag on you because you take pride in the car, and are a crap load more literate than some of the other morons we get.

So, what is the point of the wing? It's a serious question, not trying to be a dick.

Apart from not being too hot on the styling, it does appear to be done well and to a professional standard.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 PM

IMO is does not really look all that bad. perhaps when you repaint it, tone it down some.

i live really close to you, how much would it cost get my car repainted...just curious.

Quick Reply: Here is my Laser painted myself