Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Default quick question

does anyone know of a good inexpensive product that will take off water marks and such off of chrome, because my tower bars front and back need it really badly.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: quick question

well with my exuast i used to use a chrome polish type stuff that is pretty cheap and it would shine really good. I cant remeber exactly what it is called though. You can get it at an auto store. It comes in a tin can and uses fiber strands that you just tear peices off then apply it and wait a couple minutes, then just wipe it off. I dont remember if it was an eagle product, or something else.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM

I'll have to try to find something like that. i have chrome polish at my house but i tried it and it doens't take off the water spots.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:55 PM

try windex my dad uses it on his bike, and it shines pretty good

Old 09-20-2006, 03:18 PM

I used to use Turtle Wax Chrome cleaner on my old chrome wheels and exhaust tips and it worked great. Try it..it was only like a couple of bucks per bottle and a little bit goes a long way.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 AM

Mothers Billit. Thats your one stop metal polish, its guaranteed to work or yuour money back , and it really does work. I use it on my wheels, my exhaust tips etc

Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well with my exuast i used to use a chrome polish type stuff that is pretty cheap and it would shine really good. I cant remeber exactly what it is called though. You can get it at an auto store. It comes in a tin can and uses fiber strands that you just tear peices off then apply it and wait a couple minutes, then just wipe it off. I dont remember if it was an eagle product, or something else.
i think you are talkin about NEVER DULL! i have a can of it in my car as we speek! great stuff cheep to like 5 bucks at checkers!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned

The turtle wax chrome cleaner chokes me to death lol

Old 10-04-2006, 05:43 PM

thanks for the suggestions, but i found some stuff in my garage that is totally for the purpose, just regular old chrome and metal polish did the trick, for my cold air intake i had to do it a few times over but after about an 45-1 hour span everything that can be polished and shiny is on my car.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Hi Member..
The product name you were thinking about is in my garage also..it's "Never Dull" by Eagle Products..works really good on wire wheels and bike pipes also..

MajesticMan
ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Quick Reply: quick question