Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Ltd

Old 04-23-2017, 10:23 PM
Default 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Ltd

Team - this is my first post.

I've owned a 98 Mitsubishi Montero Sport since about 2000. It's been a faithful companion and I've taken good care of her.

Things are getting weathered now and starting to break. Small things. Any advice would be great. I am used to fixing things myself but realize the need for true service from a reliable mechanic and body repair.

Here's the current line-up (and note these are small things - engine and transmission seem fine):

1. Speedometer is broken - the needle bounces all over the place
2. Panel light on right hand side is out - but I can't figure out how to get in behind it to replace the bulb; this is the panel light that illuminates the fan setting etc
3. Fan setting one (low blow) isn't working; I have to always use fan setting two, which is noisy; wondering if anyone else is going through this
4. Front passenger side door inside lock doesn't flip to lock when I hit the remote alarm lock; I tried lubricating it but no dice; it used to make a motion as if it would close/lock but now it seems it won't even budge
5. Windshield has a hard time with moisture, mostly outside moisture - takes forever to clear at 6 AM with windshield wipers going; I live on the west coast of USA and we get fog, etc. and it takes a long time to clear; thinking of getting the windshield replaced; in the meantime I am Rain-Xing it, with ok results - but indeed it is a safety concern
6. Driver's side seat is getting soiled from 15+ years of use - rest of seats are in great condition. Can I replace the covering to match 1998 interior? Does anyone sell aftermarket matches?
7. Rubber is shot all the way around: windshield, door handles, back windows, and so-on. Any recommendations? I could take it in to get it all replaced but just wanted some steady advice before doing so. Any Bay Area/San Francisco recommendations for shops would be awesome.

I apologize for all my questions - all these things have been building up and I just want to take care of my rig - she's been very good to this family!

Best,

Jim