Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Eclipse Spyder weather stripping.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Default 2005 Eclipse Spyder weather stripping.

Hey all,

I have small leaks on driver and passenger side windows. Everything I have read points to bad weather stripping. Dealer wants to charge around 300$ for both sides, parts only. Does anybody have any advice on where to get them cheaper/how to DIY. I've looked all over the web, but cant find them for sale or an install guide. It seems easy but a little direction would be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM

There are several autobody parts suppliers that might have those seals. "Aftermarket" seals though might not be perfect. The factory seals would probably be the better investment. Now sometimes if the seals aren't torn or ragged, you can use a product like ZyMol to freshen the rubber, look for dirt and road grime that might have gotten between the body and the seal and look to make sure any retaining tabs are still attached.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM

I was having the same issue with my spyder. All the stripping was in good shape, so I used a petroleum jelly on the strippings and then the leaks have stopped. Just make sure you fully work it into the stripping or otherwise it will leave residue on the window and making opening the doors a little more difficult.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 PM

Hi, I'm new here so be kind. I just bought a 2005 Eclipse gs spyder in November. Car is in excellent condition, low mileage. This is the remix edition.. On the passenger side I have just a couple drops of water where the door closes. I call it the running board. I know that's not what it's called. My son is a Nissan Tech had him look at it. The conclusion is the weather stripping. Going to start with the front piece $60.00. If that doesn't fix it that means getting the other two pieces which come together $140.00. Kind of makes you sick $200.00 for just one side of the car. The two main pieces are on back order. My son has told me he's a Nissan Tech not Mitsubishi. Does anybody know a video or where to find instructions to install this stuff? I don't want $200.00 ruined. Thanks for any info. I've searched for a book but can't find one.