Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

2013 Mitusbishi Outlander Sport Jerky Steering

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 02:41 PM
Cool 2013 Mitusbishi Outlander Sport Jerky Steering

Good Day, bought this baby bran new back in early 2013, and this is the first hiccup I have had in all these years. Probably why there's a 2022 Outlander sitting next to it in the yard.

Anyways the past few times I've driven this one, I've noticed that the steering wheel almost feels like it's stepping/jerking when turning left or right when driving. It's just noticeable, and makes driving it smoothly dead center in the road strange. If I let go of the wheel the vehicle still tracks straight, the tires are only a couple years old, and the vehicle only has 52,000 original miles on it. Before I start looking into replacing the electric steering pump, or taking it to my dealership I wanted to ask if anybody else knows of this issue. Google hasn't shown any real information pertaining to the Sport.

My Dealership has one of the top rated Service Departments in the United States, and I've always felt they treat customers fairly. Just Inflation's a bear and it's a bad time for a big bill, hoping it's an easy fix.

Old 04-10-2024, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by MITZU-MAN
Good Day, bought this baby bran new back in early 2013, and this is the first hiccup I have had in all these years. Probably why there's a 2022 Outlander sitting next to it in the yard.

Anyways the past few times I've driven this one, I've noticed that the steering wheel almost feels like it's stepping/jerking when turning left or right when driving. It's just noticeable, and makes driving it smoothly dead center in the road strange. If I let go of the wheel the vehicle still tracks straight, the tires are only a couple years old, and the vehicle only has 52,000 original miles on it. Before I start looking into replacing the electric steering pump, or taking it to my dealership I wanted to ask if anybody else knows of this issue. Google hasn't shown any real information pertaining to the Sport.

My Dealership has one of the top rated Service Departments in the United States, and I've always felt they treat customers fairly. Just Inflation's a bear and it's a bad time for a big bill, hoping it's an easy fix.
I know what you're talking about and have experienced the same on my wife's 2012 with almost triple the miles you have.I've thought about changing the fluid in the reservoir with the Lucas or Amsoil product to see if it makes a difference.It is intermittent or my wife's Outlander Sport so I've not done anything about it.