Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 outland sport ,Rattling noise from driver side front end going over bumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 11:16 PM
Default 2016 outland sport ,Rattling noise from driver side front end going over bumps

Hello All,
I just bought a 2016 outlander sport a couple month ago. I was driving with the window down and I am hearing a rattling noise from the driver side front end when I go over bumps .
What is the cause of this noise? I'm going to take it to the dealer ,but I want to hear if anybody else has had this problem and what the cause is.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Phil

Last edited by AZPhil; 07-29-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:58 AM

Well I just got back from the Mitsubishi dealership and the mechanic took a ride with me to hear the noise. He did and we went back. He put it on the lift and came out to show me that the driver side brake did not have the metal plate between the caliper piston and the brake pad. We hit the tire with a rubber mallet and you could hear the noise, But when you put your hand on the caliper you could not. They thought that was the problem. I had bought it from the Kia dealership and they suggested I take it back to them. I did and I asked if they replaced the brakes and when the service manager looked it up he said YES WE DID. I'll get the part from Mitsubishi and call you to set up an appointment to get it fixed.

So I hope this is the fix, Because we really like the car and just got back from a Grand Canyon trip and it performed fantastic going through the winding mountain roads in Oak creek canyon.

Phil