Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

'94 Mirage clutch issue. Probably simple

Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Default '94 Mirage clutch issue. Probably simple

I installed a new clutch and drove the car around the same day with no troubles. I let the car sit for a couple days, went to drive it again and the clutch pedal was real sticky. I kept pushing the clutch pedal in and out until it freed up, then drove the car the rest of the day with no worries. The car sat again for 3-4 days, but this time when I went to drive it, I couldn't get the pedal to come back, it would push to the floor and then be all floppy.

A few months passed and I decided to screw with it again. I pushed the lever down on the front of the tranny that is connected to my clutch cable, and my clutch pedal came back up, so I kept working it until it would somewhat return to position on its own. I tightened the **** out of the clutch cable so I would only need to push the pedal down about half way to put it in gear, otherwise if I push the pedal down all the way it just sticks there. Drove the car around the block and it shifted fine and worked good at low speeds, but if I give it too much gas, the clutch "slips" and the car goes nowhere while revving out.

Keep in mind I installed the clutch myself and probably forgot some little thing. Can the amount of gear lube in the transmission have anything to do with this? Did I maybe break/forget a spring or bearing on the lever that connects to my clutch cable? Any help at all or a point in the right direction would be very appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Default same problem with my mirage

I had the same problem with my Mirage shortly after we replaced the clutch. Our slave cylinder blew out and we just bought a brand new master and slave. works like a champ now. Check the piston on your slave cylinder.