Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

AC problem

Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Post AC problem

Hi Guys,

If you can help me out on this.

Every time I start my car (Lancer Glx) and turn on the AC, everything isfine. Nice cold air is blowing. I can hear the compressor coming on for about30secs to a minute before it switches off for a few seconds and kicks in again.That's how it used to be. (I live in a very hot tropical country if that inforis of any use)

However, what happens now is, after running for about 30mins the AC startsto blow out warm air. This time the compressor sounds like its struggling tokick in. It comes on for about 2secs, goes off for 2 secs, kicks in again for avery short time.....it basically does that until I shut the car down...go do mychores...come back....start it up again, and the same cycle begins (nice coldair for 20 to 30mins then warm air)

I had the refrigerant topped up 5 months ago. They also did a pressure checkto test if there were any leaks during that time and everything checkedout ok

Search this Thread