Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Alarm/keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Default Alarm/keyless entry

Sucks not having internet for a month and a half aside from the fact not having a car.. haha. Well to the point, I have an '01 eclipse that my friend and I installed a stereo in. We messed up and apparently touched the wrong wires in the process and blew a fuse to the accessories. No keyless entry, memory, ect. I replaced the fuse and guess what? Everythings back except for the keyless remote.

Car alarm works... found that out when I locked the doors while I was inside and decided to open the doors and the alarm went off. Is there anyway for me to get the remote working without going to the dealer? I've already replaced the battery in the remote so pretty much I'm just wondering if there's anything under the hood I could do.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Alarm/keyless entry

I work at a Ford/Mercury dealership.

Insert your key into the ignition. Without starting the car, cycle the key back and forth from the "OFF" position to the "ON" position like 6 or 8 times (you should here a "click" or a "beep" when you cycled it enough times most likely sometimes not though). Then push a button on your key f.o.b. (remote) and the doors should lock and then unlock and that's when you know it's programmed. If it doesn't work, try it again.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Default RE: Alarm/keyless entry

Thanks for the help, I found out that the accessory fuse was bad. It looked fine, power door locks worked, windows EVERYTHING except the sunroof, but that is a different story lol. Only thing I could think that would keep those working was there has to be a crossed wire somewhere. I had a problem with the idle and stall, but once I replaced the accessory fuse it stopped... weird?

I noticed that the remote doesnt work at all while the key is in the ignition, and in the OM it says that if for any reason the car alarm loses power you have to reset it using the stereo(stock). Said nothing about aftermarket.