Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Intersted In a Primo 1984 Misubishis Starion with < 72K miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Default Anyone Intersted In a Primo 1984 Misubishis Starion with < 72K miles

I've got a 1984 Misubishi Starion which was in premium condition until a few days ago. The vehile sold for over $11K in 84, traded in with less tha 10K miles and sold for over $10K in 1985. This car is the top of the line model with every option available from Mitsubishi installed. The guy who bought it drove it very little untile the odemeter read just over $50K. In 1987 he died with out a will. It then sat from 1987 until 1999 when the Courts donated it to "Father Joe's Village" (a charitable Church organization) which resells donations for cash to help the needy.

They couldn't get it running because the fuel had turned to varnish. A guy bought for $500 and towed it to his house. Dropped the fuel tank and flushed it, rebuilt the fuel pump, changed the fuel filter, and flushed the fuel lines. Vroom, Vroom it's running. I bought it from him for $2K because he bought it for his daughter. She refused to drive it so he had to sell it. I got a steal. I know the milage is correct because of sales recipts, titles, and the tires. When I bought the care it had sporty bridgestones on it. The tires had less then 700 miles on them and they where still under warranty from 1987. The first thing I had to do was replace them, they were dry rotted and cracked so bad I was surprised they held air. Right Know the car only has 72K miles on it. It's one of the few rear wheeled cars. It's got the standard 2.4 Fuel Injected (w/ throttle body) Turbo Charged 5 speed manual transmission. Like I said, this thing is cherry, even the upolstery looks new. There's not a single leak in the entire drive train. It's never been over heated, in fact, I had the radiator professionally flushed just after I bought it. The temp gauge never went over half way on the gauge, it always showed a needle width or two below half all the time.

About 2 weeks ago some one pulled out in front of me and damaged the from end. The Cooling and A/C systems are still intack and it still runs. I drove it home. The damage is lights, bumper, air dam, hood, fenders, and mounting points for all that stuff.

Does any want to buy it as is and if so how much? Like I said it still runs and the front end is still straight so it's drivable with the exception of all the lights. DMV stuff, not mechanical.

Contact me at merlinthecat@earthlink.net or 1-503-338-4806, my names Jon.