Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Line flare type?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Question Brake Line flare type?

Hi All. My car is an Outlander series 2 year 2012 engine 4n14 MIVEC diesel Location UK. I need some information on the brake line flare type used on this car. In particular the flare on the steel pipe connection to the rubber flexible onto the rear axle and also the the steel tube between this flexible and the flexible connection the the rear brake claliper. ( a short S shaped run) I think it is the metric ISO (DIN) standard called a bubble flare rather than the older SAE double flare. I know the double flare is a counter sunk or concave end and the bubble flare is a convex bubble shapped protruding out from the formed end of the brake line. Unfortunate the brake nuts are rusted solid and I need to know so I can purchase the correct flare tool BEFORE I damage the pipe during removal. I tried to post this question yesterday but I cannot find my post or any answer to it. Thanks for any help.