Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

buzzing speakers (ground?)

Old 07-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Default buzzing speakers (ground?)

hey all

i just got my battery replaced in my 2001 diamante ls...to get the serial number for the security code i had to pull out the cd deck along with the wood trim, vents, ashtray, and ac/heating console...not fun.

so i got the code and my cd deck works now but now i have a buzzing noise coming from the rear left speaker that goes up in pitch whenever i hit the gas ([:@]uuggghhhh!!!!). someone said it was a problem with the ground wire?

my question is how do i go about fixing this problem. i'm trying to do it myself so details would be awesome!!!

thanks everyone!!! this is my first post but have been reading the forums for a while now...

Old 07-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Default RE: buzzing speakers (ground?)

buzzing in one speaker is probably not a ground. could be a blown speaker.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:24 PM

i dont think its blown becaus the noise isnt vibrating...its a high pitched noise (sounds like laser tag or something) and whenever i accelerate it goes up in pitch (like an elecronic sounding version of my engine revving up)...does this make sense because i dont even understand...

please advise...

Old 07-14-2004, 02:34 PM

it is definitely a sound (the buzzing) that is commonly associated w/ ground loops. getting a ground loop isolator might work. very cheap and very easy install but you may have to take you dash apart again. what makes me skeptical tho is that it is only one speaker.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:48 PM

yeah...i hear what your saying with the one speaker thing...

but if it is the ground loop, is there a way to fix it without taking the dash apart again?(maybe via the battery under the hood?)

someone also told me to take the dash apart with the car and radio on and just move the deck around until the noise stops then secure it in that place where the noise stops....but that sounded too trial and error for me...i'd rather specifically target the problem....

what do you think?

thanks!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:19 PM

I'm a little rusty on the ground loop isolator I can't remember where it goes in the line. you can get one or check it out at walmart in the automotive dept.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:21 PM

as posted earlier, I have that problem..HAD thatproblem... Except mine was due to my amp. I got the isolator and it between the RCAs and the amp itself...cured the problem.. Im not sure if the squeal came from only one speaker though... maybe I'll unhook it tonight and find out of it is the same... I'll keep you posted..

are you runnin a system ?? amp, subs, etc..

Old 07-14-2004, 05:49 PM

sorry burnt...i kinda started the issue in new members forum...i'll try to keep it in this thread...
i'm not running a system...just factory infinity 8 speakers (nice stock system though)

Old 07-15-2004, 09:40 AM

factory system and only 1 speaker buzz still leads me to believe it's a bad speaker.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:01 AM

Yea, I would check the wiring to that speaker. Sometimes if the positive and ground are too close to eachother it will make a humming noise, witch will also increase as you accelerate.

Stephen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: buzzing speakers (ground?)