Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car hesistates. need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Default car hesistates. need help

okay here i go..i was driving in the streets 40mph, all the sudden the car just wont respond at all r even if you step on the gas pedal all the way to the floor it seems like no gas is coming in the engine but it doent stall, then when i shift to 2nd gear it will go but still do the same thing kinda like "jerking" it's like holding back then it will launch quick then hold back. cant figure out what's wrong.. NeeD help

Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Default RE: car hesistates. need help

Dirty fuel filter, dirty air filter, fouled plugs, loose plug wire, would be where I would start the troubleshooting process.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM

When was the last time you did a tune up?

Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 PM

i just changed the oil yesterday with synthetic oil plus lucas fully synthetic oil stabilizer. havent changed the plugs yet. i have a cracked in the intake tube leading to the throttle body.. so far that's the only thing ive noticed and what are "vacume lines" if by anychance if you guys could show me some pics or maybe a website with pics of this "vacume lines" that's a big help! thanks last tune up i have no idea i might do it tonight but am concerned about this "vacume lines" thing

Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 PM

a crack can cause misfire is it is after the MAF. I had a crack on my TB flange and it misfired the car sounded like it had a cam at idle(that was my old 4G64 GS)

Old 11-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Yep I'd say change the fuel filter and plugs/wires if you haven't already. Then let us know if that helps at all.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: edaddik

i just changed the oil yesterday with synthetic oil plus lucas fully synthetic oil stabilizer. havent changed the plugs yet. i have a cracked in the intake tube leading to the throttle body.. so far that's the only thing ive noticed and what are "vacume lines" if by anychance if you guys could show me some pics or maybe a website with pics of this "vacume lines" that's a big help! thanks last tune up i have no idea i might do it tonight but am concerned about this "vacume lines" thing
That can cause hesitation as you are letting unmetered air into the engine. The ECU cannot compensate for this extra air causing your a/f ratio to lean out.

Edit: Like I stated in the PM I sent you, I am really more of a Stealth/3000gt man.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Good call stealth I didn't even catch that he said the TB was cracked. (Sorry been running on E lately). In light of that evidence I'd say that would be the problem. And as for you bein a 3000GT/stealth man the same basics for the engine still apply. It's the specific nuances that you'll nnot know about. And it's the smal nuances of the 3000GT/stealth that you WILL know. Thus the reason I check all the boards and I put my 2 cents on the Galant and teh Eclipse board (I just don't feel like adding in the 3000GT, outlander, EVO, Lancer areas cuz I don't have ALOT of experience there) Remember reading my posts and what I know of the eclipse is mostly research and reading the forums. I have never driven my Eclipse and regularly drive a Sentra.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: thestealth

ORIGINAL: edaddik

That can cause hesitation as you are letting unmetered air into the engine. The ECU cannot compensate for this extra air causing your a/f ratio to lean out.

Edit: Like I stated in the PM I sent you, I am really more of a Stealth/3000gt man.

I told him the same thing LOL, speaking from experience too. I say 1) get a new intake and then a tune up you should be good to go from there

Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 PM

New intake, real men use duct tape.

Quick Reply: car hesistates. need help