Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Car Smokes and Shoots Fire

Old 01-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Default Car Smokes and Shoots Fire

Any one have any ideas or have had this happen please let me know.
The car started first smoking when getting on it, now it just smokes a TON all the time and looses oil. The exhaust pipe is full of oil.
Tonight it started to shoot fire from the tail pipe after reving the engine anyone with this before??

Old 01-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Default RE: Car Smokes and Shoots Fire

You've got a serious oil leak somewhere in your engine. It has to be coming into the cylinder most likey, either past the rings, valve seals, or some other way. You must have enough oil residue in your exhuast so when it heated up it caught on fire. You need to get it looked at soon and you'll probably have some hefty repairs to do. Sorry to be the one to tell you. For the time being you might want to ad some liquid stop smoke to the oil to decrease the problem, this is only a bandaid though not a fix to the problem.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:25 AM

Major internal problems

Old 01-06-2005, 02:33 PM

Well one mechanic told me that the seals in the turbo were bad, and the turbo was squeeling there for a while. I have a turbo on order that will be here tomorrow. Just starting to get scared that isnt the problem and I will have wasted all this money.
The fire from the tail pipe is new that just started last night.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM

the motor runs great and the spark plugs are dry, was hoping mabye some one out there had this problem mabye a bad turbo that could tell me they had the same problems.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:23 PM

yep thats how mine went out, it would just smoke a little when running it hard then it would smoke just running. mine look like it was on fire but never did lol. what turbo did you order,i went with the 16g evo3.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 PM

i would not run it anymore tell you get the new turbo cause it could catch on fire for real and you wont be able to put it out. but dont worry thats what it is,when the seals got out the engine oil runs threw the turbo and go's stright into your o2 housing then into the exhaust. so you get a hell of alot of smoke.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:48 PM

Im glad to hear others have had this problem.
The new turbo is here we got the 16G EVO III
any one installed this them selves? Any tips???
I noticed some one said something about the EVO III o2 housing is that nesscary or can I just use the stock o2 housing?

Old 01-08-2005, 10:15 PM

you can use your stock o2 housing,but if your looking for more hp and have the money i would get the evo3 o2 housing. turbo's are not hard to put in, do you still have the stock side mount intercooler or do you have a front mount.you will need 1g oil lines ,and then a j pipe to install the new turbo thats it dont let someone sell you a install kit for $250.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:17 PM

as for installing them, they pretty much bolt right up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Smokes and Shoots Fire