Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Car Stall after few minutes of driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Default Car Stall after few minutes of driving

Hey everybody,
I have a 96 mitsubishi eclipse that runs great for about 20 minute and then suddently stalls for no apparent reason. After it stalls I have to leave it off for a few minutes and then the car starts again but for less time. I had this car for over six years and I was running great but this problem started a few months back. Luckly my workplace is closer than 15 minuts so I can still take my car to work but if I take longer than 20 or so minutes my car will start stalling. I was just wondering if any of you has run across this problem and could tell me how you fix it.
Thanks for you help.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Car Stall after few minutes of driving

Do you have a check engine light?

Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Car Stall after few minutes of driving

The check egine light comes on once in a while but i just continue to drive and a few days later it just goes off. A few month back I took it toa mechanic and he replaced the Distributor Cap and he told me that the code was a misfire or something. However, I think that probably happened because when the car stalled while driving I would just step on the clutch and release and the car would turn on. If I did that a few times then the check engine light would alsoturn back on. Again, the car runs great but after driving for a few minutes the car just randomelly stalls. It doent start back up right away but if I leave it a few minutes off I can turn it back on and then it runs for a few more minutes.