Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Default check engine

I know this post is similar to one I posted a few weeks ago, but I've yet to get a good enough answer to help me w/ my problem.

My old post:
Recently, my check engine light came on(sad, i kno) and i got the reader and it had two codes pop up: P0107 and P0107 pd (verylittle after the code so maybe a repeat?) I'm wondering what this could be and how to fix it. It came on originally when I started my drive back to school, going about 55 on the highway, so i came back home, got the code checked and erased and it stayed off for the time being. Then I filled up with gas, and started to drive on the highway again and a few minutes later the light came back on. So I cleaned my air filter, got the code erased again hoping that would possibly fix it, and it stayed off for about a week and a half, but I was only doing short city driving. Then I came home again from school 2 days ago and the light stayed off the entire ride home. After being at home for a bit I left again and got on the highway and the light came back on again.

after posting this i erased the code once again and drove back to school, stopped to get gas, and continued on my way to school without the light coming back on. WTF!

After not finding an answer, I also noticed that I have seemed to get a major decrease in my mpg. it went from around 30 to 20.

This leads me to believe that it may be an 02 sensor.

I've got a 1998 spyder gs-t

Old 05-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Default RE: check engine

Fault codes in ECU usually result in a change of control algorithm that is designed to keep your engine operate at safe limits. I wouldn't jump at O2 sensor right away. Read the code out first. It could be a few things likeMAF sensor, fuel pressure, air leak on the intake/exhaust, etc.
Good luck troubleshooting.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Default RE: check engine

Sorry, I did skip some of your info.
You have a good chance that O2 sensor is faulty if mileage is high on it. No idea what this code is. Google is your friend on this one or try calling a dealer. They would normally answer your questions.