Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Default Clutch?

My car was fine yesterday pulled in and all that. I drove around in an auto for a whole day got home and wanted to go get something to eat. So I hop in my car (3000gt sl 92') and the clutch feels different but I was like whatever. So push in the clutch and put it in R and i i lift up my foot but the clutch doesn't come with it and i roll my car into my wall.

Question starts here for lazy people :P

What is causing my clutch to stay down all the way and not come back up, where do i buy what ever and how much is it about for a 3000gt sl. The guy i bought the car from didnt have the owners/repair manual.

Also it is locked in R and i cant get it out of it?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Default RE: Clutch?

you clutch sounds ****ed, maybe its the hydralic piston in the clutch, in the new cars as soon as you release/ push the clutch pedal it makes the hydralic piston push the clutch for you, thats probly whats gone, how did you roll it into a wall?

then again how did i manage to pierce my spare tyre when putting in my sub brackets durrrr!!

Old 11-22-2005, 12:06 PM

I would agree. Sounds like the hydraulic system. Slave Cylinder maybe? I had a similar problem, except my clutch just wouldnt go anywhere... Be careful where you get it repaired... I'm not sure exactly what part, but if you go get a Haynes Manual, it will give you all the part numbers, and troubleshooting to find the root of the problem.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:26 PM

I think it might be the hydralics because the brake peddle didnt work at frist when i started the car and it rolled into the wall, i park 2 inches away from it so it fits in the garage. Anyways so i tried it again and i put it into R and no it is just stuck there. I looked up that Haynes Manual but i couldn't find one for the 3000gt. Think i might just have to get it towed out of my garage somehow, thanks for the help guys.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Well i got the stick unstuck and it is now in the street, going to get it towed into a shop and i might have it back by the end of tommarrow.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 AM

Good Luck. Let us know what they determine as the problem.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 PM

The shop called and said the master cylinder has a pin broken and it is leaking? Anways they said it is going to be around 400$ if that is the only thing worng, which of course there is going to be another problem.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:09 PM

i just wanted to let you know you are getting raped. $400??? you could tow it home and fix it for wayyy cheaper. the part is about $60 and my first time replacing it, it only took me an hour or two If you arent mechanically challenged and value your money id suggest doin it yourself.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:45 PM

Ya i know how much it is i looked it up. Anyways i found out that my dad was beating on it, and that why he was taking care of it. But i guess he messed up the clutch too because they said they "needed" to get a new one. I guess i'd just take this as my 120k mille service since my car has about 115K. I don't know how much the hydo is but that was the thing leaking.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:33 AM

Neeeeed to get a new one??? I love mechanics. They neeeeeed to get everything they can out of you. I have only been to one reliable place here in Dallas so far... If you have the right tools though, you really should give it a try. At this point what is the worst that you could do? Damage the need-to-be-replaced clutch more?

lol

Quick Reply: Clutch?