Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash trouble lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Default Dash trouble lights

Ok, question, maybe someone can help. I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Background, 3 days ago, I left work to drive about 15 minutes away. The car seemed ok so I shut off the engine, did what I needed to do and got bacck in the car, started the engine. Now I had trouble lights lit up on the dash. They are the light for the radiator, the light for the battery and the light for the brakes. The car still seemed to run fine that day and the next, however the third day, the lights dimmed and the car stalled while on my way to work. We can jump start it and it starts right up and runs for about 10 minutes, then the engine stalls and it won;t start.
Question is, is the problem the battery, the alternator, the ignition or maybe a short somewhere?.Has anyone had a similar problem like this before? I would appreciate any help you could be. Thanks

Old 12-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Default RE: Dash trouble lights

sounds like you need a new alternator, if you can jump it with no problem and it runs for awhile than the battery is getting a charge, that would also cause you to lose power from other electronics in the car and would most likely make the warning lights activate..... so my guess is the alternator, but before you buy anything have it tested......

Old 12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Dash trouble lights

I would also suspect it to be the alternator. Take it to a Pepboys or a similiar type autoparts store. They can check it.

If it is, you could consider trying to get the canadian alternator. It is strong than the US version.