Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Emblems (AUGH!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Default Dealer Emblems (AUGH!)

Ok. Search terms I used to try and find a thread (I post this because in the future, when other search, it will find this thread)
Dealer Logo
Logo
Dealer Emblem
Emblem

The search didn't find anything, so......

I am not the type to pay even $5000.00 for a used vehicle just to do free advertising for the dealership that sold it to me. And I'm sure as heck not interested in doing it when I've bought a new car.

So, how do you get the stupid things off without damaging the paint?

The kind that is on my Eclipse is the metal emblem type. I have no indication of whether or not it is simply glued on (most likely), or riveted in place (in which case I will tell anyone I know to avoid said dealership)

I have heard that you need to heat it up with a hair dryer, and the glue should get loose enough to remove the emblem, but I want to make sure before I go and do something that wrecks the paint.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Dealer Emblems (AUGH!)

What I use to remove the dealer logos is the same thing you use to remove window tint. mix some ammonia and soapy water into a spary bottle. sary the entire emblem liberaly and let it set in for a few mins then come back with a razor blade. Respray the emblem and start on one corner and slide the razor under it. then keep the area wet with the solution while you peel it off.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:05 PM

I used to do detail work and i've found a rubber disc that u can attach to a power dril. It's kinda like an eraser. If you know of a detail shop or maybe u could check with a local hardware store.

Vince Eaton

Old 07-24-2005, 02:08 AM

WD-40 is the answer. spray some on, pull... spray some more on ,...pull, etc.

Once it's off use a paper towel soaked in WD-40 get the rest of the gum off.

Use car wash to to get the WD-40 off. Then Wax.

NO Sweat, dude.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:14 AM

the way i've always done it was with a hair dryer. simple and effective. This does not ruin the paint unless you have some super hair dryer. Rule of thumb ~ If it's safe to dry your hair with, it's safe on the paint. Oh, and i'd go easy with the razorblades on anything but windows.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:20 PM

thanks for the help, will this also work the same for the "OZ Rally Edition" emblem as well as the "Lancer, and the Mits. diamond"

Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 AM

i used some adhesive remover, didnt damage the paint and it wiped right off.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 PM

That has always been my motto no free ads LOL
I have always told the dealer I will take it but, you have to remove the stickers. anytime you are buying a car and the know you have the money/approved the will damn do anything. full tank of gas/detailing/tires/mats/radio code/extra remote ect. But only after you are approved and before you sign papers!!