Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE TROUBLESHOOTING HELP NEEDED ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Default ENGINE TROUBLESHOOTING HELP NEEDED ASAP

I have just dropped my engine into my 1997 mitsubishi eclipse GST, all harnesses and everything is hooked up and ready to go...well, when i turn the key, my fuel pump doesnt come on and i have no spark going thru my coil...I have checked and replaced the crank angle sensor(CAS) which controls these two and my original as well as the new one does the same thing...Now, when i unplug the CAS and plug it back in, the fuel pump comes on but only for a second but definitely not long enough to prime the engine...I dont knwo what to do and i am at a dead end it seems like and i need help, everyhting else seems in working order, it turns over just fine, just not getting fuel and fire to the block...NEED any kind of info in order to proceed or if anyone is in the DFW area and will come look at it, I will pay you if you fix the problem....please please please!!!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Default RE: ENGINE TROUBLESHOOTING HELP NEEDED ASAP

it could be two things. 1. check your ditributor for play.. check ur ignition if it has power coming in it. 2. u have a bad connection or electrical problem in the fuel pump. maybe a ground or something. that happened to me before, it turns but no spark but my fuel pump works it just that no spark. i took it to a mechanic and said it's the ECU. check it man.