Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Fuel Pressure Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Default Fuel Pressure Solenoid

My Talon AWD has a problem where it wont go any faster than 30mph and it idles either too high or too low (either 200rpm or 2500rpm) although the idle might be a different problem altogether.and the timing is not off.
I hooked a diagnostic up to the car and the problem it came back with is 'Fuel Pressure Solenoid Malfunction (turbo)'
How do I fix this?The car also has an aftermarketfuel pressure regulator andI dont know what to set the fuel pressure to.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Solenoid

The pressure for a 2G should be 43.5psi and your stock fuel pressure regulator needs to remain electrically plugged in even if you're not using it.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:49 PM

The stock fuel presssure regulator is on the drivers side of the fuel rail right?
Bacuase my aftermarket regulator took its place and is attached to the drivers side of the fuel rail with the stock one taken out

Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Correct, it is found on the firewall by the brake resevoir.
When you say "taken out", are you saying that it's no longer in the vehicle and electrically removed? If so, put it back and reconnect it eletrically. 2Gs need all the solenoids electrically connected.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 PM

the stock fuel pressure regulator that I have only has two vaccum hoses on it so where would I connect it electronically?
Alsowhere is the solenoid on the car and what vaccum lines would go to it and from where?

I am sorry for asking all the questions but I this is my first turbo car and none of my previous cars have had anywhere near this many vaccum lines

Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 PM

There are two prongs on the bottom of it also. You have an aftermarket AFPR so you don't have to connect the vacuum lines at all, it just needs to be electrically plugged in...do you follow me?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Here's a pic from the Virtual tour...

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Eng.../solenoids.htm
Do you see the electrical plug in relation to the two vacuum lines? Not to mention it's location on the firewall...the brake resevoir?

Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 AM

all right
thank you and sorry for making you go in depth with your answer. I just want to be sure about this problem.

My talon sat in my friends shed for about a year with a blown motor. I got the car and putthe motor out of his wrecked 97 gsx in it(yes dude went through a lot of dsm's) and I have been having non stop problems since then, which was expected but after 2 months of working on the car and putting money into itI kinda wanttodrive it.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:23 AM

That's what I'm here for bro, no worries

Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 PM

All right I found the solenoid and its been plugged in the entire time. But there were two vaccum lines running into the fuel pressuresolenoid from the EGR valve on the intake manifold under the throttle body. I took the EGR lines off of the fuel pressuresolenoid but the problem is still there. I also hooked the stock fuel pressure regulator with no change.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Solenoid