Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSX or GSR

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Default GSX or GSR

I'm on the fence. I am either going to buy an Eclipse GSX or Integra GSR. I'm going to make the car into a sleeper. I know the GSX is turbo and has AWD. The GSR has V-Tec. Which car would be the better choice. Both cars are manual and have under 100k, they are about the same price.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Default RE: GSX or GSR

gsx, I don't even know why you would think of getting a gsr it may have a high hp to liter ratio but no torque what so ever. I'd say your best choice is a GSX with the turbo, and dsms are cheap to make fast I know somone with a 11 sec type r and he spent almost 3 times as much than my friend did with his tsi and that tsi hits 11s also. Plus vtec is very over rated and awd if better than fwd, fwd is the worst for racing.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:50 PM

yes a gsx is cheaper to build up than an integra, but it all depends on what yoiu like more, they are both great cars to build up. My friend has a low 13 second all motor gsr full weight and its only getting faster i think thats pretty cool. Also, just turboing an integra you can easily run 12's with out many other mods at all. They are around 600 lbs lighter than an eclipse and that make a big diference. Eclipse is easy to build up, awd is awesome, but in general is more likely to give you problems.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:08 AM

My philosophy for modifications is the "Dollar per Horsepower" comparison. Turbo cars in general have higher max output potential than N/A cars. Also, the 4g63 block is much stronger than the B-series, which, if you want to build compression, requires either option A: An aftermarket block built to handle the stress, or option B: Block reinforcers. The moderator has a good point about weight issues with a DSM. For every 8 pounds gained or lost is equal to 1 HP. But there is no way a Honda is going to beat the launch of an AWD GSX. Which brings up another point. No matter how big you build that Honda, you WILL be limited in traction. Just a Thought.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-07-2005, 09:25 AM

You will love the awd compared to just the fwd...

ORIGINAL: FireDoc

Which brings up another point. No matter how big you build that Honda, you WILL be limited in traction. Just a Thought.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-16-2005, 11:36 PM

Another thought on the GSX. You can do like I did and take the X off of GSX and REALLY surprise those fast and furious wanna be's!

Old 10-18-2005, 08:48 PM

hey i got a question my car is 99 eclipse gst my car jumped out of timing and all my oil spat out through the oil filter does anybody have an idea that would happend and i have it stock but the turbo is not connected to the vacuum system my friend said it would boost up the psi do u guys think its because of that im probably boosting too much and my car after the turbo kicks in after 5000 rpm i feel it but it feels like one piston lags it cause you feel the pull and then for a second it stops and then you feel another pull i need help thanks

Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

All the oil came out the FILTER?!?!?! That's a new one I'd like to see THAT one happen... Though you're inda confusing saying that about the turbo not being connected to the vacuum system.