Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halo spark plugs - can i get some facts please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Arrow Halo spark plugs - can i get some facts please?

I have been looking everywhere on the internet to find out if the HALO spark plugs can actually give you better fuel economy. Here are the arguments i read saying that it wont work -

"If the design did work, every company would be using them in their cars direct from the factory"

My argument to that is - They cant do that. It would be patent infringement if they made them and used them in their car. If a company stole someones patented design, they would be in huge legal trouble, which is why car companies stick to their simple designs.

Next argument -
"Electricity will always fallow the path of least resistance. Once it finds it, the Halo doesn't matter."

That's the whole point? Its gives the spark an option to find the best spot instead of being forced into 1 that might not work at the best it could.

But lets also take into account that due to precision manufacturing techniques now a days, couldn't it be possible that the multiple parts of the halo have the same lack of resistance?

On the other note - These things were tested by the German Government to verify their claims. The German Government found that they did in fact improve fuel economy in a large variety of different makes and model cars. Why would the German Government lie about something like this?

I've seen other people on other forums go out on a limb and try them. All posted saying they got a slight increase of MPG in their car. Only about 1MPG, but that's still something.

Its been told that many police forces use them in their vehicles to save on gas. And why wouldn't they? Their vehicles are running 24/7. They're emergency responders. They require reliable. If these didn't work, why would they use them?

With all this info, i still see people that will never give them a chance. They compare them to the E3. Its NOT the E3. Its the HALO. Its not a pulse plug either. Its a HALO plug.

Other than the standard arguments, can someone please prove to me with serious facts as to why the HALO plugs don't do what they claim to do???
Something other than mechanics intuition.

Also, please don't get the impression that I'm defending these plugs. I just want to fix up my car and get her running well again. I've been interested in getting better MPG, but there are such mixed feelings about these things. I just want the end all be all of proof. Weather its giving the green light on these or not.