Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Fix My ****tyass Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Default Help Me Fix My ****tyass Car

I don't know anything about my car and I've had it for 2 years. I've been letting alot of issues just slide by but I found this forum and wonder if anyone could help me out. I'm a girl and I don't want some mechanic to jip me cuz i don't know anything.

So here goes:

1. Air Conditioning
A/C is cold until the outside temperature hits around 70 degree fahrenheit. Then it only blows hot air. Coolant and all liquids filled. Also, even at off, there still seems to be air coming in through the vents. Is that normal? there's also the fact that the top left vent when i drive on the freeway it makes really loud windy sounds, as if my windows were open. Why does that happen? shouldn't it be quiet inside the car and none of this air gusting shizz?

2. Wheel Shaking Noise when Turning Right
When I turn right to about a 45 degree angle, the car front wheel it feels like has a wobbly shaking vibrating noise. It only makes this rubber on pavement vibrating sound at this particular angle.

3. Breaks squeak
I took it to a mechanic before he told me that the brake pads are fine but something about how when the previous owners did the new brake system, they forgot some step and i have to get my whole brake system replaced. Is this true? Or are they trying to make money off of me.

4. I scraped my front bumper and was wondering if there was any particular product that could maybe buff the whiteness around my burgundy paint? There's also a crack on the front bumper near the right orange turn signal light at the screw area, so the screw is now loose and sometimes the light pops out. I was wondering what particular product could seal that cracked area? and where can i get these products.

5. My sunroof the button doesn't work. When I press it back it's like stuck? I took it into the same mechanic and he told me that i need to get my sunroof completely rewired just for that button? It was fine and randomly one day it just got stuck for some reason. Also, due ot the previous owner im guessing always leaving the car out i nteh sun, the plastic part of the cotton covering of the sunroof that is used to slide it open/closed has cracked. Is there anywhere I can get that piece for cheap? It looks bad.

6. I live in Southern California in the Inland Empire/ West Covina area. If anyone knows of a reliable mechanic I could go to that would be of a great help too.

These are just some of my major problems, if you guys could help, that would be SO awesome. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Default RE: Help Me Fix My ****tyass Car

Hey how long has the sunroof been a problem? I had that on my Camry not too long ago, it could be as simple as a loose wire or a bad ground. Before having a mechanic do anything I'd ask a friend to take a look if you know anyone into cars. Thats about all the help I can be. Welcome to MF, by the way. The people are nice, aside from Sebba

Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 AM

Only answer i got for you is the a/c one. you might have to recharge your ac, you go buy this little can of stuff for your a/c and its got a hose type thing on it you plug it in and use it and your a/c shouldworkagain. your basically making the refridgerant work again.

you'll have to find out what type you have too like R-134a or R-12

http://www.id-usa.com/how_to_recharging.asp

Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Rob
Banned

And just remember, if the a/c needs to be charged, it's for a reason, there is a leak somewhere. So don't be suprised when it runs out fairly quick.

For #2, have you checked the condition of the tire? It's probably spent.

For #3, re-seat the pads, i'm sure it wasn't done teh first time.

For #4, depends if the scuff is too deep, if you think the white didn't cut through teh clearcoat, get some compound, and have at it. Also, if your light keeps falling out, get some automotive goop, and glue it back in place.