Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Help Picking a New Flywheel ?!?!

Old 03-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Default Help Picking a New Flywheel ?!?!

Hey Guys I read threw some other threads but they were not very helpful.
I have a 92 Eclipse 2.0L Turbo with a couple add ons, intake and exhaust.

I need a new flywheel and have never purchased one, I have seen several companies that offer them for my car, but idk which ones are better??

I like the Fidanza Flywheel, has anyone tried one of those before?

Old 03-12-2015, 12:50 PM

why do you 'need' a new flywheel?

Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Akzle
why do you 'need' a new flywheel?

Hey Akzle, its an old Clutch and flywheel setup that i have now. The flywheel has been resurfaced a couple times now and i know you are only suppose to do ti a couple times. The surface looks like its glazed also.

I was looking at a Fidanza flywheel, they seem prices ok and i read from a couple people they like them.

What are your thoughts ?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:27 PM

ahh, good reason then, but I would be looking for the cause I've run older cars hard without needing to skim the flywheel.

I have no experience with fidanza particularly, but they do enjoy a good reputation, and I know they're run in some 400hp rigs so obviously aren't sh*t.
- it is unlikely you'll find any/many here with in-depth knowledge, you may do better finding a performance-car forum for specific things like this.

Your options are basically three for the flywheel and same for the clutch.

With a basically stock small turby motor I'd stick to a billet FW or you're going to loose your idle and spool-up. Clutch upgrade is then up to you, i'd go with a full contact organic/bronze and MAYBE a stronger pressure plate, but it's not as if you're pushing serious HPs.

hth.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Akzle
ahh, good reason then, but I would be looking for the cause I've run older cars hard without needing to skim the flywheel.

I have no experience with fidanza particularly, but they do enjoy a good reputation, and I know they're run in some 400hp rigs so obviously aren't sh*t.
- it is unlikely you'll find any/many here with in-depth knowledge, you may do better finding a performance-car forum for specific things like this.

Your options are basically three for the flywheel and same for the clutch.

With a basically stock small turby motor I'd stick to a billet FW or you're going to loose your idle and spool-up. Clutch upgrade is then up to you, i'd go with a full contact organic/bronze and MAYBE a stronger pressure plate, but it's not as if you're pushing serious HPs.

hth.
Thanks for the info, yeah I have been doing some research, thats a good idea to check a performance Forum. Im still looking into Fidanza and a couple other brands now.