Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: Triton Shudder....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Default HELP: Triton Shudder....

Hi guys!

Hey, I have a Triton (year 2000 - 2.8D 4x4) and it has decided to start 'shuddering' badly once warmed up. It feels like the shudder is coming from the backend (LSD?) but I'm really not sure. I took it into Mitzy around 4 weeks ago and they replaced all the oils and the problem seemed to go away. They said the water in the LSD was really bad -it was contaminated with oil, butonce replaced it all went well and over a time period of around a week the sudder got less and less and then stopped altogether.

Now - it has come back. I haven't done any deep water crossings since the new oil so it should still be good.

It's not there when things are cold - but once I've driven around 1km it starts and it stays there - and in all gears. Going frontwards or backwards. When I get over around 50km and with no load on (a flat road and not accelerating) it goes away but once I apply just a little power it returns.

The "shudder" is more like a really bad sharp vibration. I can picture cogs turning in my head to the same speed of it. It's something inbetween a shudder and a grinding.

Has anyone else had this?
Or better yet - does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks for your time guys!
Kind Regards,
Daz.
:-)