Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

how dark can i tint my taillights in west virginia and still pass inspection??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Default how dark can i tint my taillights in west virginia and still pass inspection??

im thinking about just blackin out my tails since i cant find any i like but i want to pass inspection here in a month so i dont want to waste money on somthin ill have to take off and buy again...
so if anyone knows the percentage% thats legal it would be greatly appreciated...thanks guys....
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Default RE: how dark can i tint my taillights in west virginia and still pass inspection??

I didnt find anything on your tail lights man but i did find some intresting facts about window tint in west virginia
I would call the local law enforcment and ask them.

West Virginia Tint Law Enacted: 1991

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN WEST VIRGINIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In West Virginia, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield
Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.

FrontSideWindows
Must allow more than 35% of light in.

BackSideWindows

RearWindow

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN WEST VIRGINIA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

FrontSideWindows
Must not be more than 20% reflective.

BackSideWindows
Must not be more than 20% reflective.

OTHER WEST VIRGINIA RULES AND REGULATIONS

RestrictedColors
The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.

SideMirrors
Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.

CertificateRequirements
Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using ceritified film.

StickerRequirements
The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on each tinted window.

MedicalExemption
State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.