Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Interior Neon Instilation

Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Default Interior Neon Instilation

Hey yall I have just got two 20in Interior neons and i want to put them beside my seats next to the door. on each side I need to know exactly how to wire them in. I have a switch and i want to put it where the change holder is in the Center console (for those who have a third Gen Eclipse)I dont know too much about wiring so simple is always better

Thanks yall

Old 03-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Default RE: Interior Neon Instilation

hey how you goin. i just intalled 2 neons in my lancer so i might b able to help you out. the back of your switch does it have 2 or 3 metal pices coming out the back. if two then it is a circut breaker. all you really have to do is have a wire connected from the OFF metal piece straight to the battery and then both positives from the neon to the on side of the switch. of course you need to find an earth for the negative neon wire. i just connected them to my negative terminal on my battery.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 PM

The back of your switch SHOULD have three prongs coming out of it. One is for power, one is for accesory, and the other is for ground, they should be labeled on the switch. The the prong that is labeled power or positive, run a wire from that prong to either your fuse box or another 12 volt power source in your car. To be safe you should install an inline fuse in that wire in case the wire gets over loaded for some reason. The wire that is labeled Ground you should simply run a wire from that prong to any metal on the body, usually you can find a screw somewhere that connects directly to metal on the car, just wrap the wire around this scream and tighten it down to ground the switch. The accesory prong will be the wire that goes to the power wire in your neon lights, run ONE wire from this prong to your neons (since you have two you will need to split the wire somewhere to connect the two power wires from the neon). With the ground wire from the neon lights, do the same thing that you did with the switch, just ground them near where the neon lights will be installed to any metal on the car, and you are all set!

Old 03-03-2006, 03:07 AM

Well it took me long enough, but i finally installed that neon. My friend tought me how to do it. I do have a hint for every one else though. Just wire the neon right into the fuse box. Wrap the wire from your switch to a fuse then find an empty spot and your golden. Plus you dont have to worry about wires going directly to your battery.

I still have the problem of keeping the switch in the change holder. I took the holder out, but the switch just keeps falling in the hole. so is there anything I can do? It might be hard to answer this question if you dont have a third gen eclipse, and you dont know where the change holder is or what it looks like.