Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak inside car from Air Conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Default Leak inside car from Air Conditioner?

I have an 03' Ecplise...Under the driver side seat I have a leak. The water ends up mostly in the driver passenger floor but the leak is from under the driver seat towards the door. It appears that it only happens when I run the Air Conditioner. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM

I saw an answer to your question by member "stealthling" My Endeavor is having the same problem as many people are.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:00 PM

I have the same problem with my Galant 2000, whenever it rains or I have the air conditioner on water gets into the drivers side floor and sometimes goes all the way to the rear floor.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Question Please help!!!!

I have a 2005 galant with 90K miles.... My drivers side floor is soaked im talking like a puddle and the floor behind the drivers seat is soaked to???? And its December so all the water that was there froze!!!!! I can kinda see water in the floor panel next to my seat like around the trunk release and such...But i cant find where its coming from... Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 AM

Kevin, you are correct with your diagnosis, but for everyone else: What he is talking about is the evaporator. Condensation on your evaporator and rainwater that runs down through your intake vent in front of your windshield (the little slits that run across the whole front) normally channel water into this housing and harmlessly let it back out again through a drain tube in the firewall. What kevin says about clearing it is how I do it. On my 2002 Montero Limited the little tube sticks out about an inch. It is whitish in color and is on the drivers side above the transmission. A real pain to reach. I have to mangle my arm into unnatural shapes to get to it, and then when you clear it you get soaked. I have found that an appropriately sized zip tie does the trick. To prevent it happening again, be aware of where you park. Mine was full of seed pods and and things like that.