Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misubishi L200 automatic flashing D

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Default Misubishi L200 automatic flashing D

Hello, I was hoping I could have some help about a problem we are having with one of our Mitsubishi L200 Warrior trucks.

It is an automatic 4 wheel drive. When drive is selected the "D" comes up on the LCD display in the instrument cluster and starts flashing. The engine management light is on and I believe it is in limp home mode as it stays in one gear, possibly third. All other gear selections work fine.

From what I have read it could be related to the gear box wiring loom, a possible loose connection or break in a cable. I have had a look under the truck and all of the wiring is rapped in conduit and most of it is on the top of the gear box out of sight so I can't really tell if there is any obvious damage.

How would I go about testing each cable to make sure it was not broken?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:41 PM

I would get the code read so your not chasing your tail guessing what might be wrong. Use diagnostic tools to your advantage.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into getting the codes read.

Is there anything I could try in the meantime?

Old 05-05-2014, 08:15 AM

The truck has been at the garage for nearly a week now and they have so far been unable to find out what the problem is. They haven't gone into specifics with the fault codes, but have said they have spoken with Mitsubishi about the ones they did have. Apparently Mitsubishi have given them some things to try, but they aren't guaranteeing the suggestions will fix anything and the bill is getting larger and larger with no sign of progress or any answers.

Just wondering if anyone can make any suggestions?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by amck77
The truck has been at the garage for nearly a week now and they have so far been unable to find out what the problem is. They haven't gone into specifics with the fault codes, but have said they have spoken with Mitsubishi about the ones they did have. Apparently Mitsubishi have given them some things to try, but they aren't guaranteeing the suggestions will fix anything and the bill is getting larger and larger with no sign of progress or any answers.

Just wondering if anyone can make any suggestions?

im from malaysia....unfortunately i hav that problem too...any idea for solution bro???