Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mitsubishi Colt CZ1 loss of power and engine light on, 15mph Max !

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Red face Mitsubishi Colt CZ1 loss of power and engine light on, 15mph Max !

Hi
I have a Colt cz1 2006 and up to a few days ago it had been run fine, but it’s now started to play up and engine light came on, I can’t seem to get above 15 miles per hour which isn’t too good :-/
If any one could give me some pointer to look for or check it would be great

Also to help I’m trying to get a fault code reading,Ive not got a reader but have seen it can be done with a jumping wires in the reader socket but I’m not certain which pins to jump or earth out.

Any help will be good

Old 04-01-2015, 12:21 PM

ahh. Automatics.

Thats limp mode. (or a blown head gasket)
you need a mechanic to deal to the actual problem.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:51 AM

Hey!

You didn't give much details, but I had similar problems with my 1.3 (petrol) Colt CZ3.
The "wallet icon" lit up on the dashboard after start, and the engine went in safe mode (very powerless, rpm limited to around 2500).
Funny thing was, that if I started to start/stop/start/stop/start/stop sometimes it just got miraculously fixed until the next trip.

Anyhow in my case the problem was the sensor of the engine choking valve. I'm sorry but I have absolutely no idea how it's called in english...

The sensor itself cannot be replaced, only the whole engine choking valve housing, which cost me (the part only) about 180 € in my country.

Also this is a very very common issue that's affecting a lot of petrol fueled Colts that were built around that time. It's not 100% that this is the problem for you too, but it would be a good start. Luckily the ECU / onboard computer can point right at it (it knows when the valve sensor is broken), you just need a reading.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:50 AM

Ive ended up getting a fault code reading! and lots of codes come up! but all to do with Throttle pedal sensor.

P0123
P0222
(Throttle body sensor)

P1967
(Trustfull check engine speed) ??

P2122
P2127
?? Not 100% sure what these last 2 codes are.

But the others point to the Throttle pedal sensor or thre Throttle body.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:11 AM

CAn anyone please help me find the strut bar that goes over the engine in the mitsubishi colt ralliart?