Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car rev's out at about 5k and i have no power.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Exclamation My car rev's out at about 5k and i have no power.

Ok so basically what happened is me and a mate put a pod onto my Evolution 3 and im pretty sure we damaged the Air Flow Meter in the process. When I put my foot down a get limited to no power and it cuts out (im assuming some sort of safe mode?) What i found is that his Magna had the same part no as mine so we put his into my car and it drove like normal but i got 2 other Air Flow meters from Car yards with the same number from Magnas and they havent solved my problem is there something I'm missing or could it be something much worse?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank-you.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by EV0300
Ok so basically what happened is me and a mate put a pod onto my Evolution 3 and im pretty sure we damaged the Air Flow Meter in the process. When I put my foot down a get limited to no power and it cuts out (im assuming some sort of safe mode?) What i found is that his Magna had the same part no as mine so we put his into my car and it drove like normal but i got 2 other Air Flow meters from Car yards with the same number from Magnas and they havent solved my problem is there something I'm missing or could it be something much worse?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank-you.
ok just abit of an update i've put a brand new Air Flow Meter onto the car and its still doing the same thing : Runs rich lots of black smoke from exhaust and it revs out at round 5k with no power I'm thinking its in some kind of safe mode does anyone know how to disable it? please let me know this is killing me