Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

My Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Default My Project

As you can tell by my name I am a JDM enthusiast. I am currently rebuilding a 99 Galant ES, well it is for now any way. So far I have replaced the intake, headers, exhaust, rims, grill and a few other choice items to get it rolling. My question is where can I find the parts to completely change the front end of my car over to JDM. Ebay is a real beast when it comes to parts, about the only things I can find are the grill and the headlights. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Old 12-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Default RE: My Project

Check out my message board and contact the few members there that have done the conversion. This is actually a really easy step but you need to find a source for the kit.

www.dnaracing.net

Look for chuagtz and Z.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:42 PM

In fact I also forgot that ChauGTZ is selling his JDM front end...

http://www.dnaracing.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=385

Old 12-07-2004, 12:04 AM

Are you keeping the stock engine? Why not get a VR4 2.5TT engine and drop it in there[8D]
That's like $4000 though.....sooo....if i win the lottery I'll fund it for you

Anyways, A place that was recommended to me was BestJapanCar.com That was when i was looking for an FCON controller for my buddy's rx7. They can import cars and goods. Also, there's an ebay store that carries a lot of good JDM stuff, there name is RHDjapan. Lot's of JDM stuff.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: SpyderGS

Are you keeping the stock engine? Why not get a VR4 2.5TT engine and drop it in there[8D]
That's like $4000 though.....sooo....if i win the lottery I'll fund it for you

Anyways, A place that was recommended to me was BestJapanCar.com That was when i was looking for an FCON controller for my buddy's rx7. They can import cars and goods. Also, there's an ebay store that carries a lot of good JDM stuff, there name is RHDjapan. Lot's of JDM stuff.
lol Good luck with that engine swap. Not only do you have to find a 6A13TT but you will either have to do alot of tranny work to make it AWD or find a tranny from a FTO. Either way it is easier to find a JDM Galant and import one in. If you want to do a engine swap you can get a EVO engine.

There is a guy on TGC that imported one. He smoked a vette....

http://home.comcast.net/~hillbj/Gala...vr4vsvette.mov

You might have to right click and save. He braked at the end too. Only mod list is a manual boost controller and a ACT clutch.

Old 12-08-2004, 04:16 PM

I figured that swap wasn't feasible, but i didn't know you could import the vr4's and meet dot requirements? Although....i guess they wouldn't know the difference if you swapped the vin numbers...and with all the customizing going on now-a-days.....hehe. That video was pretty sweet, but how would it do against the newer LS- powered vettes?I'm guessing it could take a newer vette off the line, but would lose down the stretch. Oh well, if they can keep up with an LS16 then it's gotta be pretty damn good.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:55 AM

ORIGINAL: SpyderGS

I figured that swap wasn't feasible, but i didn't know you could import the vr4's and meet dot requirements? Although....i guess they wouldn't know the difference if you swapped the vin numbers...and with all the customizing going on now-a-days.....hehe. That video was pretty sweet, but how would it do against the newer LS- powered vettes?I'm guessing it could take a newer vette off the line, but would lose down the stretch. Oh well, if they can keep up with an LS16 then it's gotta be pretty damn good.
The swap is feasible just alot of money to do it. You better of getting a EVO three and higher if I remember the numbers right. You need a 4G63 that is 180 turned. Only problem is wiring the damn thing up. The only person I know that has acutally finished it is this guy....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/668691

As far as importing one it. They import Skyline's all the time. Where there is a will there is away. The way I think this guy did it was through the military. If you are stationed overseas you have the chance to ship over your car.

If your intrested in reading more about the EVO VII in to a 8G Galant read this thread...
http://www.galantforums.com/phpBB2/v...r=asc&&start=0

Me personally I am looking into TT my 4G64. I am planning on using the same turbo's the 1G uses just looking into a custom exhaust manifold. I don't think I am going to do this until my car is paid off so I got plenty of time to do research.